Monday, December 7, 2009

Health Insurance

Okay, three years ago, Ford/UAW changed the retiree insurance and required a $10/month payment that I couldn't afford, which shunted me automatically to the 'catastrophic coverage'. That was bad enough. Now they've changed it again, this time with no warning at all. Beginning next month I will be getting a bill from BC/BS for $15/month! And I still have to pay the first $170 before the coverage even kicks in! And, should I have to fill a prescription, each will cost me $10-25, depending on whether there's a generic available or not. And the 'catastophic coverage' is no longer offered. So I have no choice at all unless I'm willing to have no health insurance.
Oh, if I were covered by another plan, I could waive this one. Whoopee! I can't afford this one! How the hell do they think I would have anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment